Friday, August 04, 2006

Pictures n Stuff

A few people have been asking to see pictures from my travels in Jordan and Israel. Well, since I'm such a nice guy, here's a link to the pictures. All of these pictures were taken by my sister, Felicia, because my camera broke shortly before we took our trip. Maybe some day I'll even get around to captioning these pictures. If not, you'll just have to invite me over for dinner so I can explain all of the pictures to you.

So what's it like to be back in Canada? It's definately kind of weird. I feel almost as though my year in Egypt was just a dream I had. I woke up and found myself in my bed in Canada, without even having to click my heels together. If it was just a dream, it was quite an amazing dream. It blew that 'Wizard of Oz' junk out of the water, in my opinion. But if this was all a dream, something fishy is going on because little things are different here and there. As I drive around the city I see new buildings that have popped up all over the place. I talk to friends and they all have stories about things they've done this past year. Where was I for all of this? Where did all these new people come from that are hanging out with my friends? Maybe all this Egypt stuff wasn't just a dream.

Maybe I was in a coma.



Then where'd all these pictures come from??

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey yeah...come over for dinner sometime!

Becker said...

Hey I stumbled across your blog the other day and just about killed myself laughing at some of the stuff you had to say. Sounds like Egypt was awesome! Anyway, see you in class!

juf Ineke said...

so is there life after Egypt?

Monson said...

Nothing worth writing about, it seems...

juf Ineke said...

pity...I'm so used to check your blog in the mornings... by now I've practically memorised your last entry :)

I hope life is treating you well aside from the boredom! Bubye!

marcel said...

hey man, you gonna be in egypt for christmas? the rest of my family is :D
how's life treating you?
God bless,
Marcel

Monson said...

I'm afraid I won't be in Egypt for Christmas, Marcel. You'll have to celebrate Sinterklaas without me. Life is going well for me, though. Thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...

hey, ryan....have been reading your blogs over the time you were in Egypt and enjoyed them hugely.
we have a group of 12 (5 adults and 7 teen girls from Mission Creek Alliance, Kelowna) that will be going to Cairo in March 2007 and doing stuff at the Maadi Church. any hints, advice, you can give will be appreciated.
-- Desert Sands Team 2007
ps. HI to your folks