Sunday, July 15, 2007

While in Calgary this past weekend, I picked up a book entitled "Walking the Bible". It is "A journey by land through the five books of Moses," written by Bruce Feiler. Last year I read William Dalrymple's "From the Holy Mountain" which was a journey through the shadows of fading Byzantine culture in the Middle East. Dalrymple's book whetted my appetite for travel literature, particularly in the Holy Lands which is why "Walking the Bible" seems so appealing to me. In this book, author Bruce Feiler grabs his Bible and heads off to the Middle East to travel around to each area mentioned in the Pentateuch. As he is at each spot, he reads the Biblical account that happened around that area. This is something I enjoyed doing last summer while I was traveling through Egypt, Jordan, and Israel. I only wish I could've packed more of it into my short travels. At any rate, if you notice a lack of blogs in the next week or two, it's probably because I'm journeying through the Holy Land with Bruce Feiler as my guide. Feel free to run to your local Chapters/Indigo/Coles store so you can join me on this journey. For my lazy Canadian readers, you can click here to purchase the book on Amazon.ca.

No comments: