Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Office Excitement

This morning I was sitting in my office, working away like usual, when out of nowhere I heard a woman scream. Naturally I didn't investigate. As I continued working away on my computer, I noticed something moving out of the corner of my eye. I looked to my right and saw a little mouse sitting in the doorway of my office. As soon as I acknowledged it, it scurried towards me as if I were calling it. I saw this as a perfect opportunity to try out my rubber band shooting skills on a moving target. The mouse ran off before I could get a decent shot off. I sat back down and continued working. I've come to realize that after living in Egypt, nothing phases me. Minutes later I heard another woman scream, this time from the opposite side of the floor as the first woman.

Following the second scream I heard the first woman call out, "How did he get over there?!"

I smiled to myself and continued working. A short while later I heard a smash that sounded a bit like wood against the floor. Then I heard jubilant laughing from the women in accounting. I assume that means Stewart Little is no more. Poor little guy. He was so friendly!

6 comments:

lyallstyle said...

oh i was laughing out loud.

Anonymous said...

Of course a mouse would'nt faze you considering what you grew up with! All the gnawing and scittering in the walls keeping you awake all night. Mouse traps in every room of the house. Nasty spells wafting down the hallway. Should feel right at home there in your office. Maybe you should have offered to take Stewart home with you. Matt would be SO impressed!

Anonymous said...

....you were not afraid of that mouse????
I don't understand, I remember a situation that there was a lizard behind your window....

Monson said...

Lizards aren't cute and furry!

... and just to clarify, I wasn't 'afraid' of the lizard... it was just gross.

marcel said...

I had a mouse at work recently, and I was already deciding on whether to kill it with my bare hands, with my feet or using a tomato (taking into account that I've become pretty good at throwing tomatoes as i've worked there for 2 years now. Killing it, however, would mean that i would have to carry it outside to dispose of it, or I'd have to leave it in the greenhouse, which obviously meant it would be a mess within hours from its death, which I don't consider very hygenic..
Anyway.. after all those thoughts while the mouse was just sitting there, I decided that either way it just wasn't worth it, so I had told the mouse I'd let it go this time.. but next time... I'm hitting this little mouse with the sweetest green tomato I find.. and trust me... it's gonna be a dead mouse!

Anonymous said...

COME ON! Give me more blog! Do you really think I have anything better to do?