Thursday, February 16, 2006

My New Look

Last night we had our first student-led high school outreach event of the semester. The significance of this event is that we told the students that if 75 people showed up, I would shave my head. Now lets take a moment to see what I looked like before the evening:
So cooooool. All the ladies of Darby Hall wanted me.

So how many people showed up to our event last night? Well, wouldn't you know it 75 people made it out on that freezing cold winter evening. And so, since I am a man of my word, and since the students can run faster than I can, I prepared for a free haircut:
I'm not sure what's going on with my mouth in this picture. I'm probably gritting my teeth and mumbling "Oh crap!"

For the next thirty minutes or so, people took turns cutting off chunks of hair, or trying to rip out chunks if they were left handed (stupid predjudiced scissors). And this was the final result:

In honor of my new look, I have given my blog a new look as well. But I don't like my blog's new look, I think it's ugly, so I'll probably change it again when I have time to make my own cool template. Ok, bye!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...not a sigle comment on your new look... well lemme tell you that I like it. I really do.
:-)
Proud of you for finally getting rid of all that excess weight.
That took some guts.
talk to ya later,

Anonymous said...

wooooweeeeeee! I'll get you married off for sure now! Watch out Ry, those American girls are comin to get ya, comin to get ya, so get off your feet and jump around! Jump around.

Anonymous said...

Yah it's a good look for yah sooner. Are you done with the artist guy then? I suppose you have to be since your hair was what apparently made you look like Jesus. looks good though. later

Anonymous said...

So i came to your site here, and I was like what the heck did I click on, this doesnt look familiar. But then I read how you would like snail mail. Of which I was talking to Sarah Boots on the phone and she said how she would like to send you a package of a wedding ring since your dad wants you two to get married and all. And I would send an empty package of gum, because thats what I do. Empty but got all the wrappers in tacted but no gum. Have a swell day. I wish I could shave my head... that would be wonderful, less effort.

Monson said...

You are an odd one, TubaSam.

Anonymous said...

thanks.. I take pride in being unique.. aka weird. But thats just how it works. Sam's the name.. and i play tuba, therefor Tuba Sam.
To explain things.

Anonymous said...

nice. you do CAC proud.