Thursday, February 16, 2006

Uncle Ryan - February Edition

Dear friends,
I recieved a letter today from my sister Holly. For those of you who are not avid readers of my blog, Holly is the sister who has 'a bun in the oven'. For those of you who do not speak in crazy metaphors, she is pregnant. Anyways, I won't bore you with the contents of the letter she sent me. It was just a bunch of "baby" this, "baby" that, and "I promise to write more often". Pshhh, like I haven't heard that from nearly everyone I know (except for Shirley Bierkos. She is my mom's friend and has written me more letters than anyone else). Now, the reason this letter from Holly was interesting is because... well, ok, the letter wasn't that interesting, it was just about nasty stuff like amniotic fluid and other sick stuff... but also enclosed in the envelope (quick fact, I pronounce it 'on'velope) was a picture of her ultrasound. Now, I don't know much about these things at all, but I would still like to share the picture with you anyways.
Yes, this blob of goo on the left is apparently my sister's baby. Personally I think it looks like a bad case of indigestion. From the way food moves around in my stomach, sometimes it feels like I've got a baby inside of me as well, but it always turns out to be indigestion (thank goodness, how would I explain THAT one to my parents?). So who knows, maybe my sister swallowed a watermelon seed and is now sprouting an awkwardly placed watermelon. I would actually prefer that to a baby, though I doubt I'd eat any of it if it came out of a human being. That's just gross. Anyways, I would like to point out a few details about my sister's severe case of indigestion now. If you look to the left side of it, you'll notice the watermelon, also known as the baby's head (man, she's gonna kill me for this! What are little brothers for, though?). Covering the top right portion of the watermelon-head is what I am going to label 'the hand'. At this stage of the pregnancy it appears as though babies only have one hand, but it is quite large (nearly half the size of the head), and thus, already has some fingers. From what I can see, this baby is clearly giving the 'rock on' sign with its hands. Pictured to the right is a digitally enhanced closeup of the fetus (what a nasty word). Now that I have enhanced it, I can clearly see that the baby does in fact have another arm, which it is using to rub its belly (also known as the lower portion of the watermelon-head). Now let's review to make sure you're still with me here. With its left hand, the baby is giving the 'rock on' symbol, and with its right hand, it is rubbing its belly. But wait! I think there is more going on here than we realize! If we digitally enhance this picture even more, I think we will see what is really going on here. Take a look for yourself:
From this picture, we can clearly see that the baby is playing the air guitar. I have drawn in the imaginary guitar in red in order to help you see the picture in its entirety. I have also taken the liberty to outline certain details such as its hards, arms, and face with yellow ink so that you can pick them out of the gooey mess a little more easily. While outlining the features of this baby, I noticed that its tongue was sticking out. Clearly this baby is rocking on its air guitar quite heavily. From this fact, I am willing to go so far as to deduce that this baby is going to be a boy. Either that, or one pain-in-the-neck girl. At any rate, I don't think I can look at this gob of amniotic fluid any more. I am quickly losing my appetite. As soon as the power comes back on, I shall post this blog and get on with life! There we go, the power is back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan, my bank manager nearly died laughing over the phone with me as
she proceeded to read your blog out loud. She is exactly a month ahead of Holly in her pregnacy. You know, you could be to blame if she has her baby early, although she sounded like she was having kittens!

Anonymous said...

Why are you against myspace?!