Sunday, October 02, 2005


Alright, here's a question for all you smart people out there: What time is displayed on the clock pictured to the right? If you guessed 4:44, you lose! The time displayed on this clock is 7:16. Although this is a clock, it does not rotate 'clock'wise. Just as Arabic sentances are read "backwards" from right to left, this clock rotates backwards. Speaking of clocks and oddities, Egypt had daylight's savings time this past Thursday. I believe that is a full month ahead of when the rest of the world does it!

So, what have I been up to lately? Well, church this past weekend was put on by the youth. That means lots of work for us youth staff! All three services that I was a part of ran very smoothly and were great to be a part of. I got to do the announcements in the form of a news broadcast with one of our 9th grade students. Judging by the feedback, it was quite a hit. Pastor John seems to think that drama is my thing. I find that surprising since my acting debut was only this past March! Have I mentioned that I've been given the role of one of the Wise Men for this year's Christmas pageant? I get to ride a camel for it!! Quick fact: Camels often pee for about 5 minutes at a time (this is second hand information, I hope to confirm this rumor at a later date). During last year's Christmas pageant, one of the camels decided to relieve himself for an elongated period of time, right beside the pianist. I find that funny in more ways than one.

Well, I don't have much time to ramble on today. I preached for the first time at middle school breakaway (middle school youth-church type thing) on Friday night. I think it went fairly well. Hopefully I'll get more comfortable with that sort of thing as the year continues. Many of the middleschoolers had very nice things to say about my talk, so that was nice. Tonight we are about to have our big meeting with high school students and their parents regarding April's ***** trip to Kiev Ukraine, which I will also be going on. So, I have to go get ready for it. In the meantime, read my September in Review Newsletter that you should have recieved today. If you didn't recieve it, drop me an email and I will add you to my mailing list.

No comments: