Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Three Posts to Keep You Company

As Ramadan comes to a close, so do all the businesses in Cairo. This means that tons of happy people head out town and party. I am one of those happy people because I am heading out to the western desert with my host family for my first vacation in Egypt!! On Wednesday morning, bright and early, we shall set off to the desert and spend two nights sleeping under the stars with snakes and scorpions and other deadly animals fighting over who gets to eat us in our sleep. I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures and throw them online when I get home this weekend. Until then, here’s something for you to think about:

An Arab sheikh tells his two sons to race their camels to a distant city to see who will inherit his fortune. The one whose camel is slower will win. The brothers, after wandering aimlessly for days, ask a wise man for advise. After hearing the advice they jump on the camels and race as fast as they can to the city. What does the wise man say?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry to ruin it for everyone but I just figured out the answer and I have to show off how smart I am.
The wise man said , "Swap Camels" That way, if you were on your brother's camel and you won, it means, your camel was the slowest. Boo yeah!