Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Talent Show!!

I wrote two posts last month about a dream I had a while ago. The reason I began writing about dreams in the first place was actually because of a dream I had multiple times in the month of November. The dreams I had were about our talent show that was to take place on November 25th. It was my job to emcee the event, so my dreams were of possible outcomes of the evening. Perhaps they would be better referred to as nightmares. See, each time I had these dreams about the talent show, they were dreams of the evening failing miserably, all because of my terrible job emceeing. Needless to say, I began feeling slightly anxious about the evening as it approached. It was going to be my first time emceeing anything, and it was going to be in front of, not only youth, but adults as well!

Well, seeing that we’re into the month of December now, November 25th has already come and gone. So, was it as disastrous as my dreams suggested? Were they prophetic utterances of what was to come? Did the world really end?? No. Not yet, at least. The show actually went quite well. My head cold took a backseat for the evening and allowed me to enjoy myself without feeling too out of it. Some of the talents for the evening consisted of crazy skits, a stand-up comedian, lip-syncing to ‘O Holy Nightmare,’ insane jump-roping, Bible Chubby Bunny, a number of musical acts, and a synchronized ball-eh performed by yours truly. Click here to see a short snippet of our ball-eh. As I introduced acts for the evening I demonstrated a few of my own talents for the audience to enjoy. Some of these talents consisted of: blowing up a surgical glove over my head with my nose (quite a feat when you have a cold), imitating cartoon voices (also not great with a cold), doing sound effects, juggling, and wiggling my ears (without moving my hair, might I add). I even played Amazing Grace on my cheeks. That’s a talent I’ve never showed anyone before! Oh, another talent I said I had was that I could eat a $1000 bill. I didn’t expect anyone to have one so I didn’t plan on having to demonstrate that talent. To my dismay, though, some witty members of the audience wrote up the costs for various items around the church and, later in the evening, presented me with a bill that totaled $1000. They were nice enough to provide me with some water to help chew up the full sheet of paper. Jerks. Anyways, the evening was enjoyable, we raised money for our trip to the Ukraine, and the show didn’t bomb like my dreams suggested. Good times.

The next day I was even sicker than before (sicker doesn’t really sound right, but hey, that’s what my spell check told me to do), but that was to be expected. I’m still fighting off that stupid cold today. It’s like reality TV. It just doesn’t know when to stop (Did I hear correctly that Big Brother is back again?? Pathetic! “Stay tuned for the next installment of ‘Things I Can Get my Dog to Eat’ and ‘My Big Gay Divorce!’”). Ok, that’s all for today. Stay tuned for My Trip to the Pyramids (soon to be a hit reality show, I’m sure)!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monson your ball-eh was glorious.