Thursday, May 25, 2006

Winding Down

Last night was the last regular high school event of the year. Last Friday was our last middle school event of the year. Tomorrow will be our last Friday school classes of the year. Things are quickly coming to an end here in Egypt. School ends for students at the American school after the first week in June. Shortly after that, many families pick up and leave Egypt for the summer. Although I still have one month left as a youth intern here, the last month will probably be spent hanging out with students and doing little projects here and there. Nothing like the craziness of the past couple months, that’s for sure!

This weekend we (the youth staff) are heading out to the Red Sea to spend a few days away from the hustle and bustle of Cairo. It should be a good time of relaxation and just plain hanging out. Alright, I’ve done my duty and blogged again. Now I’m outta here! Have yourself a nice day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, your description of the end of the year brings back all those memories of the many goodbyes each summer brought about. Your time in Egypt is almost up. I wish you lots of good times and hope that you will be able to enjoy even this time.
Egypt will miss you when you go...

Anonymous said...

Hey Ry, nice to know you're still out there somewhere. I was beginning to wonder. Thought I made
you mad with the picture of your bedrooms' new look. Have fun playing in Dahab!

Anonymous said...

hey! I was just going through my sisters links to blogs of her friends and I there you were so I thought I´d drop you a note and say sup!

-Bekah... bootsveld... the other other other other bootsveld

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,
Good Garbage it's hard to believe your time is almost done! You know what that means! More camp days!!! Well I won't be there for them, but I do remember it was probably one of the best days of the summer!
I truly hope you can look back on these last 10 months without regret. Enjoy these months to come.
Oh and last nite I had a dream that I came to visit you and you had Asian parents...this isn't true now is it?
Liz

Anonymous said...

hey ryan i cocur with lizzie and i can't believe that you will return to us very soon. have a great time with the youth at the Red Sea. i know it must be hard for them to know you are leaving soon but that means we get you back!!! whoo-hooo see you soon. take care