Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Youth Staff Retreat

For our end of the year youth staff retreat, Heidi, John, Erin (John's wife), the baby, and I, all headed out to the Western edge of the Sinai. We stayed in a villa that suwas a two minute walk from Eastern bank of the Gulf of Suez. Our itinerary for the few days we were staying at 'La Hacienda' was simple: do nothing but laze around the beach.

Allow me to point out the ups and downs of our days in the Sinai...

Pros:
- No responsibility
- Warm water for swimming in
- Water wasn't deep enough for me to drown in
- We pretty much had the entire beach to ourselves
- Air conditioned bedroom
- Breathable air

Cons:
- Loud baby
- Sunburnt feet
- Pesky, persistant, hyperactive flies
- Egyptian charcoal doesn't light well on a grill with no airholes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ryan,
My wife and I would like to pray future blessing on you and your someday (not yet existent) wife. We pray that you would have many children who are ALL very stinky, very pukey, and EXTREMELY LOUD.

Sincerely,
The Father of the loud baby

Monson said...

Gee thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan, I got you blog through Ineke's computer, I was watching some videos for school ON HER comp. while my computer shuts down if I even try to do that.
But I just want to wish you a great last month in Egypt! Ineke told me a lot about you, she even showed a picture! :-) (Where roommates are for....)I'm might be coming to Canada next year, I'm invited by a pastor (Wesley Campbell) to work for his church in Kelowna, British Columbia, so I might do that during the summer next year..but I'm not sure.
Greetings from the netherlands, Jacoline