Thursday, June 29, 2006

Farewell

Today is my last day in the office at Maadi Community Church. Tomorrow I hand in my keys, my phone, and my bike. Most of the students in our youth group have already left the country for the summer. My sister, Felicia, and my friend, Matt, are both here right now. On Sunday we will begin a journey through the lands of Egypt, Jordan, and Israel. We're hoping to kick off our journey by climing Mount Sinai and watching the sunrise. I will probably not be blogging during this journey. I will, however, be carrying a fish-leather journal that I hope to fill with writing over the next month. If you ever want to read it, I guess you'll have to come to Calgary! I will include pictures taken by my sister's new Canon EOS Digital Rebel. It's time to say goodbye, to you my faithful readers, and to all the friends I have made here in Egypt. I think goodbyes are overrated, though. I'd rather just leave, be gone for a while, and maybe return another day and pick up where we left off. So, with that said and done, catch you later. Maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I shame-facedly admit I was not one of your consistently-committed readers and was too afraid to take your quiz...I did enjoy reading what I did and appreciated your thoughts and learning of your experiences.
I'm excited you're coming back to us Ryan but have this feeling it'll really hit you what you're leaving as well.
Maybe you'll do some business action in Egypt someday..eh? I said EH??
Anyways,
See you in O-town in a few and I hope you 3 have a great mix of adventures and relaxation over this next month.
Liz :)

Anonymous said...

Ryan, don't stop blogging! As you've proudly told me so many times you have readers all over the globe. Don't let all of us down now that you are about to return to Calgary. We still wanna know what you're up too!

I hate saying goodbye more than anything in the world. So you better promise to come visit some time. Like... when Rob gets married or something...