Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Month of the Party

I'm thinking of renaming my blog The Lazy Blogger because I'm always too lazy to blog these days. It's too hot to sit around typing on a computer. It's been hovering around 40 degrees Celsius (104 F)for the past week. I'm having troubles sleeping because of the heat. Anyways, enough complaining. Here's what I've been up to the last few days: partying! Don't get too envious, though, it's not as glamorous as it sounds. On June 2nd, the seniors at the American high school here in Maadi graduated (The graduation ceremony took place in front of the Pyramids of Giza). Following graduation, pretty much every senior has to throw a graduation party. Since we are dedicated youth workers, we had to grace each senior with our presence at each respective party. From 2 pm to 10 pm on Friday we were hanging out at different parties. I know I may hide it well, but I'm actually not a huge fan of parties. Being social is fairly exhausting for me because I am naturally an introvert. So, after wearing myself out on Friday, Saturday came and I partied even more! First with some high schoolers (it was our small group's end of the year party), and then at the Tucker's going away party. This weekend I have another party or two to look forward to. I had no idea Christians partied so hard. I thought all we did was have potlucks and fellowship events. Maybe that's just a Baptist thing.

Now, if you haven't completed The Monson Quiz (Actually I forget what I called it), then do so now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan,
I did your quiz. I think I did pretty well too! Well, now you know who your true friends are huh. jk. Have fun travelling with Matt and your sister!

Anonymous said...

How do you find Egypt so far?