Thursday, June 07, 2007

Forget Hockey!

Soccer is where it's at now. Tuesday after work, Matt and I headed over to Pincher Creek to coach our U-16 soccer team from Elkford. Matt is normally the assistant coach for this team, but the actual coach wasn't there, so Matt became the coach, and I became the self-proclaimed assistant coach. Together Matt and I led our team to a 7-0 victory against Fort MacLeod. I take full credit for this victory. Clearly I had everything to do with it.

Tonight we will head out to Crowsnest Pass (maybe Coleman or somewhere around there) to murder another poor and unsuspecting soccer team. Apparently we're leaving this minute, so I need to go now.

**UPDATE** We took the Crowsnest team 2-0 tonight.

3 comments:

bcmatt said...

Correction;you became the self-proclaimed "assistant to the coach". I, however, am usually the "assistant coach".

jc said...

Jon will be very happy to hear that you're spending your free time on soccer! And I also have to tell you that some of your photo posts a few posts back are fantastic!! I love all the dandelion pics!
~Carmen

Anonymous said...

Good grief! You guys are going to end up killing each other if you live together too long. Can't you keep your "beefs" in the kitchen like any other good married couple?