Sunday, June 10, 2007

Spokeman Tour

Hello friends,
I wanted to take some time today to introduce you to a friend of mine. His name is Tim Harriman and he is currently biking across Canada. Why? To raise awareness (and money) for childhood cancer. Tim had his own battle with cancer a few years back. This is how he describes it:

"In September 2002, at the age of 14, I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), a form of cancer in the blood common in children. To the shock of my family we were told that my prognosis was poor and I would need to undergo 2 ½ years of treatment. This included high dose chemotherapy and radiation. I was faced with some challenging decisions that made me question whether it was worth going through the treatments. With the support of my family, friends, church, s chool and community, I found the determination to fight my cancer. At times I had to dig deep to find the strength and courage to continue. After nearly 3 years I have completed my treatments, which have been successful."

I met Tim while counseling at Camp Chamisall a few years ago, and saw him again a few weeks ago as he was preparing for his journey across Canada. He is keeping a blog of his Adventures in Canada, and since my blog has always been devoted to adventures, I thought I would direct you to his blog. Follow his journey at www.spokemantour.com. I will also add a link to right navigation bar. Now, Matt is whining about me taking too long, so I have to go. We're due at the neighbor's house for dinner.

No comments: