Thursday, June 28, 2007

Top 5 Signs You're in a Small Town

#5. Food you buy at the local grocery store either expires the day you bought it, or has already expired.

#4. Whenever a siren is heard, it'll be the talk of the town for the rest of the week.

#3. When somebody drives by, whoever you're with will know exactly who drove by, where they're going, and probably even when they're coming from. They'll also be able to give you a detailed family history of said person, as well as what their aunt Susan is up to these days.

#2. When people give out their phone number, it is only four digits long.

#1. People talk about Wal-mart like it's a good thing. Not only that, but they'll excitedly talk about the new Wal-mart that just opened up in Pincher Creek. They'll probably even make a weekend outing out of checking out the new facility. It too, will be the talk of the town.

3 comments:

jc said...

I'm enjoying your blog these days Ryan...I'm pretty sure its the most amusing one I frequent :) Your recent "drug test" post made me laugh out loud!

Anonymous said...

you are right. It is funnier when you read it.

Liz said...

Thanks for the recommendation.
I'd like to read it.
Though I should say I actually don't live anxiously from day-to-day. One of my absolute favourite things to do is go for coffee or walking with someone just chatting about life and having fun.
I think I have tooo much time now:)
Cheers