Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Mercer List

For lack of better things to blog about, today I will tell you a little about about The Mercer List. The Mercer List is a list that rates the Quality of Living of major cities around the world. The 2006 version of it has just been released. Last August I moved from my hometown of Calgary, which is number 25 on the list, to Cairo which has fallen to the 131st position “due to the political turmoil and terrorist attacks in the city and surrounding area.” I suppose quality of living might be a wee bit lower here in Cairo, but quality of life seems to be much higher! There’s so much to see and do and everything is much cheaper. If it weren’t for all the pollution, this would be a great city to live in! The list of top 50 cities can be downloaded here. Well. That's all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah 25!!! I'm pretty sure we're number one in Canada now...something I heard. Anywyasssssssss
peace ouuuuuut

Anonymous said...

Cairo's still number one for me!