Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Uncle Ryan Update

I was checking out my pregnant sister's blog recently and I was shocked to see pictures of her looking pregnant! All these months I was thinking it was some elaborate joke. I mean, sending me a sonogram? I thought that was very clever. Perhaps that's just an oddly shaped pillow under her shirt or something? I don't know. See for yourself and let me know what you think:


People are often telling me that I should write a book. I often shrug off the suggestion and say to myself, "What could I possibly write about?" Well, it seems I have finally been inspired to write a book. Here is the cover of it for you:

Unfortunately I'm too busy to work on the rest of the book, so I think I'll just release the book with the current cover and then I'll fill the rest of it with a bunch of empty pages. I think I remember seeing a book like that before. It was entitled "Everything men know about women" or something to that effect.

One last bit of news before I sign off. About a month ago I was looking in the mirror while brushing my teeth, and I noticed a flash of white in my goatee. At first I thought it was just the lighting, but upon closer inspection I found that it was no illusion. I had a gray hair. I couldn't believe it! I'm only.... twenty two years old (I had to get Heidi to help me with the math to figure out my age)! I shouldn't have gray hairs already!! I plucked the gray hair from my goatee and then tried to figure out what could have caused such an atrocity. I recalled a time when my family went to West Edmonton Mall (biggest mall in North America, I think... it used to be, at least) with my uncle and his family. My uncle went on the rollercoaster there and was apparently so freaked out from it that he woke up the following day with some gray hairs. I thought long and hard, and I couldn't think of any recent heartpounding experiences that affected me like that. As I was thinking about what the cause of this gray hair could be, I was also trying to find something that could serve as a black background so I could take a picture of the hair to show you. Interestingly enough, the black background was the answer to what caused the gray hair in the first place (I'm convinced it is, at least). Without further ado, I present to you the cause of grayness:

Look how long and nasty that thing is! It probaby grew twice as fast as the rest of my facial hair! Gross! Anyways, enough about babies for now. I'm quickly losing my appetite and it's lunch time!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on being an uncle!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey sooner, dont feel bad about the grey hair. We discovered the other day that Tom is going bald:)

Anonymous said...

hey ryan congrats on the win. I did a huge woo-hoo when i found out. and don't worry about the grey hair thing, "Lilo" has literally a small patch of them on her head. can't wait to see you! PS if you think being an uncle is "stressful," imagine squeezing a watermelon out of a key hole. now thats an image for you! lol luv

Anonymous said...

Hey Monson,
welcome to the single gray hair club. Amanda found one on my head a couple days before YC. Oldness is upon us.

Anonymous said...

That had to be the best thing I have read in a while. This day just keeps getting better and better.
Congrats on the Uncleness!

Anonymous said...

Sick! That watermelon thing just ruined my life-long love affair with watermelons. Thanks for that Jenn. Ryan, that is indeed a baby in there, watermelons don't kick.

Anonymous said...

Alas, it's true that my hair is thining and receding. I shouldn't have let matt shave my head.

Anonymous said...

Haha,
I'm lucky. I joined the exclusive club of men who lost their hair before it went grey. We will never suffer male grey hair syndromes. Members of this club include (so far): 1. Matt Yoemens 2. Cam Stutters 3. Mike Olynick and now 4. Tom Ross????

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you just made my day! You make me laugh so much! I love the book idea, and you're right about the "everything men know about women" one, I own it. I thought I'd eventually fill in the blank pages with funny examples of how much men don't know about women, but I just never got that far. The watermelon thing freaked me out, sick!

Anonymous said...

heh heh
I hope you have twice as many babies as my parents have!
Now who's laughing? Now who's laughing?
And we will laugh....we will...
On another note, congragulations on being an uncle! I realized that I was excited for you but never actually voiced it...or wrote it. It's cool having nieces. You'll grow to like them. I promise.
:) Liz

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
Your stories are funny! It was great to meet you in Ukraine. Thanks for being available to God.

Now about your sister.... I think it may be a small throw pillow myself -- it's too perfect :)

Blessings!