Saturday, April 08, 2006

What's new?

In less than a week I will be heading off on my very first short-term global outreach project. Some people call these trips by a much shorter name, but apparently the word used in that shorter name is sensitive to use in this country. Whaaatever. On April 14th, 2006 our team is travelling to Kiev, Ukraine where we will participate in various ministries until the 25th of April. There has been a lot of prep work that has gone into this trip, but I think it's going to be a wonderful time for everyone. We have a great team assembled and ready to go. You can read more about each person on the team by visiting www.therightangleway.org.

On a completely unrelated subject, judging from the comments on my giraffe post, next year's AUC Student Council president has been announced to the public. So, I would like to take this time to formally announce to you who won the election. Actually, I will allow Sharon Langer (this year's student council president) to make the announcement:
"So after a long haul here at good old AUC/NUC, the ballots are finally in and a decision has been made. The people have spoken and Ryan Monson, you will be my successor as the new president of ministry students here at our wonderful school. Congratulations Monson! The vote was tight but you came out victorious."
So there you have it, folks. It seems the ol giraffe gimmick was the final push I needed to get those last few votes. I would like to thank everyone who showed their support by sending in their "Vote for Monson" pictures. Looks like God isn't going to let me stay inside of my comfort zone any time soon. I'm excited to see what craziness is in store for me this Fall.

Finally, one last item to address. People are still asking me when I'm returning to Canada. I thought I already told everyone this, but hey, I'll tell you again. My flight back to Canada is booked for July 28th so I will be home in time for my mom's birthday. I kind of missed out on her birthday last year because of my going away campout, so this year I'm making sure I'm home for it. I am finishing up my internship at Maadi Community Church at the end of June, and in July I intend to travel around Israel, Jordan, and possible one or two other Middle Eastern countries. Then it is back to Canada for me!

Now, I hope that's enough of an update for you because I'm gonna go eat some lunch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ryan! You are indeed the best man for the job and now have many experiences under
your belt to drawn on. Hey thanks for wanting to be here for my birhtday, that really means a lot to me! I tried posting a comment on
your dissolutioned oiler fan friends' blog to set him straight but it wouldn't go through...

Anonymous said...

John Tucker's Mother-in-Law said...

Congratulations from John's and Erin's family, Ryan! From my observations on my brief 3-week visit to Cairo and the news we receive about your creative and innovative leadership of the youth there in Maadi, we are sure your student body will be glad they have chosen you as their leader. May your service in yet another area of your life be a rewarding and blessed experience!

Anonymous said...

hey way to go!!
i'm proud!!

my vote actually counted!!

or i'll have myself beleive.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan. Congrats on your big win!! Amazing. And to think that I knew you when you were just another freshman. By the way, thanks for your "prayers" on behalf of Jeremy and his strange "Oiler" sickness in the land down under. So far his mind can't be swayed, but maybe there's still hope for him.

Anonymous said...

MY BROTHER IS THE COOLEST!

Anonymous said...

Mindy & Kevin Erickson
Hey, Friend!
Reading your blog is always such a pleasure! And we're super excited about you coming home as Prez, we definately voted for you! Though we won't actually be here for your reign, we're glad to know it's being left in good hands, Congratulations! We're praying for you out there