Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Plea for Snail Mail

My dear friends and family, word has it that after prolonged absences from one's home environment one might become what some refer to as "homesick". Now you wouldn't want that to happen to me, would you?? In an effort to keep me healthy and happy, Dr. Me prescribes everyone to write me snail mail as often as is humanly possible. Packages may not be feasable, as they are expensive to send, are often opened and tampered with, and can have heavy duty fees associated with them... but a simple letter or postcard would be very much appreciated!

So, when you find yourself sitting around with little to do, pull out a piece of paper, and maybe an envelope too! Then you could write me a poem, a story, or maybe just say "Morning glory!" It's the happiest way, to pass through your day. Just give a quick lick, and keep me from getting sick!

My mailing address is as simple as this:

Maadi Community Church
c/o Ryan Monson
Box 218
Maadi, Cairo, Egypt

In other news, my appetite has finally returned. I've been pretty weak for the past couple days because I haven't been able to eat much. I think I'm almost better, though. I hope I don't jinx it by saying that. Anyways, this morning I talked to a lady about tutoring me in Arabic. My first session will be next Monday at 9am in front of St. Mark's Coptic church, which I have been trying to find ever since I got here!! Apparently St. Athanasius is buried there. Cooool! Soon enough I'll be fluent in Arabic and you'll have to get a translater to translate my blogs for you. Now, I've got church starting shortly, so I must be off! Salaam!

ps. Jeremy Dyck is paying me $5 to include his name in this post. So what if I'm a sellout? I need the money.

No comments: